Herb Crusted Lamb with Mango Mint Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2lb Frenched Whole Rack of Lamb
For the Marinade:
- ¼ cup Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1Tbs Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 2 garlic clove crushed
For the Mango Mint Salad:
- 4 Large Fresh Mangos
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint
- 1-2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Small Red Onion (optional)
For the Lamb:
- In a small mixing bowl add Maille Honey Dijon Mustard along with all other marinade ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Unpackage the rack of lamb. Rinse and pat dry.
- Place lamb in a medium baking pan and season both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Once seasoned, generously coat both sides of the rack of lamb with the marinade mixture and place in the fridge to marinade for at least an hour or up to overnight.
Cooking the Lamb:
- Remove lamb from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the grill to 525° F.
- Wrap the bones in aluminium foil to prevent burning.
- Once the grill is hot, place the lamb fat side down on the grates and cook for 5 minutes at 500°- 525°.
- After five minutes, flip the rack over and continue grilling bone side down for 13-15 minutes at 425°F.
- Internal temperature should be around 120°F when removed from heat. The internal temp will rise to around 125°-130°F for medium rare once removed from heat.
- Cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing into individual chops and serving.
For the Mango Salad:
- In a medium mixing bowl add diced mangos, lime juice, salt and optional sliced onions. Mix well and chill.
- Mix in the fresh mint just prior to serving.