Pickled Carrots and Summer Cabbage with Honey Mustard Aioli
Prep Time: 20 minutes + 2 hours pickle time
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Originale
- Your favorite crunchy summer vegetable
- Carrots peeled and sliced, or left whole
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 ea. Lemons, Juiced
- 1 ea. Egg
- 4 Tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Sea salt, For Pickling
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar, Optional, For Pickling
For the Pickles:
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. In the meantime, wash and peel carrots.
- When water is boiling, add salt and sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and pour over washed whole rainbow carrots.
- Store carrots for at least 2 hours.
For the Aioli:
- Meanwhile, make your mustard aioli by placing 1 egg yolk and a large spoonful (2 tbsp) of Maille Dijon Originale in a bowl.
- Whisk your aioli by slowly drizzling in oil while constantly whisking. You can whisk by hand or use your food processor, if preferred.
- Mix in salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Drizzle in honey to taste.
- To plate, spread creamy mustard aioli on the plate. Top with pickled carrots and your chosen fresh seasonal vegetable.