Seared Trout with Dijon Butter
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1 pound trout fillet, skin on (about 2 fillets)
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, optional
- T.T salt and pepper
For the Butter:
- Mix together room temperature butter and Maille Dijon Originale Mustard.
- Spoon mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap tightly.
- Place wrapped Dijon butter mixture in the freezer for 10 mins, until set.
For the Trout:
- Season the flesh side of the trout with Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Place trout fillets flesh side down and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice Dijon butter mixture into 4 equal slices.
- Turn fillets over, skin side down, and add slices of Dijon butter to the skillet and allow the mixture to melt.
- Spoon melted Dijon butter mixture on top of fish and cook for 2-4 minutes more.
- Remove cooked trout to a plate, spoon with additional melted Dijon butter from the skillet, and top with capers, if desired.
- Serve Immediately.