Maille Beet Galette with Goat Cheese
Recipe created by: happykitchen.rocks
For the crust:
- 1 cup whole grain flour or all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon to brush on galette before baking
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
For the filling:
- 2-3 medium-sized beets (can be any color)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3.5 oz or 100 g soft goat cheese
- Micro greens, to garnish
- Start by adding unpeeled beets and white wine vinegar in a pot of hot water to simmer for about 20 minutes over medium heat. While the beets are cooking, make the crust. Combine flour, ground hazelnuts and sea salt in a bowl of a food processor. In a separate bowl, mix together extra virgin olive oil, Greek yogurt and apple cider vinegar until combined. Add the mixture to the bowl of the food processor and blend together using a dough attachment, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time, until the pastry just begins to come together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface to form it into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the beets, for best results use a mandoline slicer. Make the orange-mustard vinaigrette. In a small jar, combine orange juice, Maille Dijon Originale Mustard, extra virgin olive oil and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste and give it a good shake. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and combine the rest with the beets. Gently toss until all the beets are coated with the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F or 200 C. When the dough is ready, roll it out on a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin, rotating it every few rolls, to about 12 inches or 30 cm in diameter. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon in the goat cheese in the center of the crust and spread evenly, leaving about 1.5 inch or 4 cm edge all around. Layer the beet slices over the goat cheese, working in a circular pattern, slightly overlapping them. Fold in the edges of the crust. No need for neat edges, keep them craggy and torn for extra charm. Brush the edges with olive oil before baking.
- Bake for around 17-22 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. Let the galette cool for a few minutes and sprinkle with goat cheese and micro greens to garnish. Drizzle with the reserved vinaigrette before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Note: Make sure to double the batch if you want to make one galette per serving.