Black Truffle Cauliflower Cheese
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 small Romanesco cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of plain white flour
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 tsp of Maille mustard with Black Truffle & Chablis White Wine
- 1 pack of pancetta lardons
- 1/3 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Grated Gruyère cheese to top
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 200° C.
Break the Romanesco and the regular cauliflower into florets, boil for 10 minutes and spread evenly in oven proof dish.
Prepare the bechamel sauce: melt the butter, add the flour and stir; then add the milk and continue to stir. Add the Maille Black Truffle mustard. Add grated cheddar cheese and melt into the sauce.
Meanwhile, fry the pancetta lardons and mix them into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and top with grated Gruyère and fresh thyme.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve.