Black Truffle Tagliatelle with Garlic Butter & Thyme
For the Tagliatelle
- 2 cups white flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps Maille mustard with Black Truffle & Chablis White Wine
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- a handful of thyme leaves
- Ground pepper
- Black truffle
- Set up a mound with flour, using your hand create a hole in the middle to add the eggs and the Maille mustard.
- Start mixing the ingredients with your hands, gradually adding the flour from the outside borders. Knead dough until firm. Put it to rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Sprinkle your work station with a bit flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin or a pasta machine, until it’s approximately 1,5 mm deep. Roll it over then use a knife to cut it into 1 cm deep stripes to get tagliatelle.
- Cook the tagliatelle in salted boiling water for a couple of minutes, keeping them “al dente”.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan, add the garlic cloves and the thyme. Then, add a ladle of the water your boiled the pasta in. Drain the pasta and add it to the saucepan, stir in the sauce for a minute. Turn off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese, the black pepper and some more thyme if you like. Plate the pasta and serve.
Garnish the dish with some fresh grated black truffle and serve with a dollop of Maille Black Truffle mustard to the side.