Brussel Sprout Pasta Recipe
Recipe by: PlatingsandPairings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces bucatini or linguine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced, some outer leaves reserved for serving Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Maille Old Style
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 ½ cups pasta cooking liquid.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper. Add an additional 1 Tbsp. olive oil to the skillet and repeat with remaining brussels sprouts. Transfer to plate.
- Add butter to the now empty skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add garlic and saute until fragrant and just beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add pasta, brussels sprouts, reserved leaves, mustard, Pecorino Romano and ½ cup pasta water. Stir to coat the pasta, adding additional pasta water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Off heat, stir in lemon juice and zest. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lemon wedges and additional Pecorino Romano on the side.