Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Dijon Dip
Recipe created by: Runway Chef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme + more for garnish (if desired)
- 1 1/3 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Maille Old Style Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Crostini, crackers or chips, for serving
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in an 8-inch ovenproof skillet set over a medium heat burner. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes before adding the mushrooms, salt and thyme and continue sautéing for 18-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are golden brown and caramelized.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the remaining ingredients, reserving 1/3 cup of the Gruyere cheese for the top. Stir until everything is well combined and the cheese begins to melt, then top with remaining Gruyere cheese. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve warm with crostini, crackers or chips.