Carrot Dogs with White Bean Relish
Recipe created by: RunwayChef
Yields: 8 carrot dogs
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
- 8 large carrots, peeled and ends trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Maille Dijon Originale
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
White Bean Relish
- 15.5 ounce can white kidney beans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced Maille Cornichons (about 5-6 cornichons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Maille Old Style Dijon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Zest + juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a large pot whisk together the water, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, Maille Dijon Originale, brown sugar, salt, paprika and onion powder. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the carrots, cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 13-15 minutes, or until the carrots can be pierced with a fork. Remove the carrots from the liquid and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the beans, jalapeno, diced Maille Cornichons, Maille Old Style Dijon, parsley, lemon zest and juice and salt.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the carrots for 7-10 minutes, or until they’re charred and grill marks form. Optional- toast hot dog buns for 2-3 minutes, or just until golden brown.
- Place the carrots in the buns, top each with a spoonful of white bean relish and serve immediately.