Cauliflower Pureé - vegan
- Two 2 heads of cauliflower, cored and separated into florets
- 100 ml vegan cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Maille Black Truffle mustard with Chablis white wine
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the cauliflower florets until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and let sit for 10 minutes to allow any excess water to drain.
- Add the cauliflower back into the pot, add the vegan cream, olive oil and purée with a stick blender until the desired smoothness has been achieved. Place the pot on medium heat stir, constantly for 2 mins, fold in the mustard with a spoon and serve.
I like to serve this thick as mash potatoes, or very smooth with extra mustard as a sauce.
Add 200ml of chicken stock to the mixture, bring to the boil and serve as a smooth soup.