- 1 small cauliflower
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsps. Maille Sauternes mustard fresh from the pump
- Chilli flakes
- ½ glass white wine
- 1tsp chopped fresh oregano
- Wash the cauliflower and slice it lengthways into 1” slices.
- Marinate with the sauternes mustard, chilli’s and fresh oregano and allow to sit for 1 hour.
- In a heavy base frying pan add the oil and heat.
- When heated place the cauliflower steaks one by one in the pan for 5mins on each side.
- When you finish with all steaks add the white wine to the pan to deglaze, pour over the steaks and serve with (Grilled Pocket Potato Salad)
Serve with loose pomegranate kernels, fine chopped coriander and garlic as a dipping sauce.
—Fine Cooking for Maille