Charred Endive with Warm Caper-Whole Grain Mustard
Recipe by: Eyeswoon
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced(optional)
- 2 tbsps capers, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp Maille Old Style Mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 Belgian endives, halved lengthwise salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium low heat,
- Add the shallot and garlic and cook being careful not to brown them, until the shallots are translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the anchovy and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the capers, mustard and lemon juice and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture from the saucepan to a small bowl. Stir 2 tbsp oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat to about 400F.
- Drizzle the endive and asparagus with the remaining 2 tbsps oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the endive and asparagus until lightly charred on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Place the endive and asparagus on a platter and drizzle with the sauce. Finish with chopped parsley and lemon zest. Serve with extra sauce on the side