Cheesy Mushroom Toast With Mustard and Thyme
Recipe created by Rhubarbarians
Yield - 2 toasts
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups sliced baby bella or cremini mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slices thick rustic french bread
- 2 Tbsp Maille Classic Dijon Old Style Mustard
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sweat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute, stirring often, about 15 minutes until mushrooms are browned and all liquid has evaporated.
- Preheat the broiler. Spread the mustard evenly on one side of each piece of bread. Top each slice with a sprinkle of cheese. Evenly top with the mushrooms and then top each with another generous sprinkle of cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh thyme and season with salt and pepper.
Note: *You’ll want to watch the cheese to make sure it doesn’t burn under the broiler. Cook times will vary.