Chevre Apple Salad with Rosemary Honey Mustard Dressing
- 150g young spinach leaves
- 100g rocket
- 2 apples (ideally a tart apple, such as Gala or Braeburn), cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 100g seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 2 x 100g French Chevre cheese, sliced
- 50g pine nuts
- 8 thin slices French bread
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 40g butter, softened
- Rinse the spinach leaves and rocket, drain thoroughly and share between 4 serving plates.
- Toss the apple slices in lemon juice and arrange them on the salads with the celery and grapes. Cut the slices of Chevre in two, and arrange them on the salads.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until light golden. Leave them to cool for a few moments, then sprinkle them over the salads.
- Preheat the grill and toast one side of the French bread slices. Mix the garlic with the butter and spread over the untoasted sides of the bread. Toast the buttered sides until golden brown, cut into pieces, and serve on the salads.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the olive oil, mustard, Provencal herbs and vinegar, seasoning with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Always add a couple of teaspoons of Maille mustard to your salad dressings – it tastes great, and helps bring the oil and vinegar together to make a smooth dressing.