Chicken Apple Sausage Skillet with Cabbage and Potatoes
Recipe created by: Parsnips and Pastries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken apple sausage links
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 pound rainbow fingerling potatoes, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Halve the sausage links lengthwise.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and once hot, sear the sausage until browned on both sides and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the skillet, melt the butter and add the onion and cabbage. Cook until golden, softened, and cooked down.
- Add in the potatoes and carrots and cook until the vegetables are slightly caramelized and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook until it is reduced by half.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Maille Dijon Originale mustard, chicken broth, and apple juice.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan along with the caraway seeds.
- Cover the skillet and cook until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.