Chicken Sausage with a Bonne Maman Cherry & Maille Old Style Compote
- 4 ea Chicken Sausage, such as an apple chicken sausage (could also use duck or any available game sausage)
- 4 ea Split Top rolls
- 1 cup Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Shallots
- 1 tsp Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp Maille Old Style
- 1 Tbsp Calvados or Apple Juice
- Crispy Garlic, Garnish
- Chives, Garnish
- In a saucepan sauté onion in 1 Tbsp butter and cook until translucent
- Add garlic and bell pepper and cook until tender.
- Deglaze with calvados or apple juice and reduce until almost gone.
- Add Bonne Maman cherry preserves and Maille Old Style, mix together in pan.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Grill sausage and toast the buns
- To plate, add sausage to toasted bun and top with a spoonful of cherry preserves and top with garlic and chives.