Chicken Thighs with Kale and Acorn Squash
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour
By: The Quiingredient
- 6-8 SKIN-ON chicken thighs 2.5-3lb
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 4-6 cups of chopped kale
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs Maille Old Style Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbs of Qui House Blend or seasoning blend of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds and innards
- Slice squash lengthwise following the ribs, cutting 1-1.5 inch slices
- In a medium-sized baking dish OR large/deep oven-safe pan, place the squash tightly together and season with one Tbs of olive oil and salt and pepper
- Wash kale and coarsely chop Or use pre-cut, pre-washed bagged kale.
- Place kale in a medium-sized bowl, use remaining Tbs of olive oil, and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place seasoned kale in the pan directly on top of the seasoned squash and pat down.
- In a medium bowl, add chicken. Rinse thoroughly, drain and pat dry
- Add two Tbs of Maille Old Style Mustard and massage into the chicken thighs
- On a large cookie sheet or cutting board, place chicken and season both sides generously with salt, pepper, my seasoning blend, or a combination of herbs and spices of your choosing. Thoroughly coat the skin-side of the chicken completely
- Place raw chicken on top of the seasoned kale covering completely
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the skin is brown and crisp.