Cider Braised Chicken over Greens
Recipe by: Jen May
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ¼ cup Maille® Rich Country mustard
- 1 ¼ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 cups tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallot 2 minutes, stirring, until starting to brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brush Maille® Rich Country mustard on chicken and cook in same skillet over medium high heat, 6 minutes, turning once. Pour apple cider in skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Bring cider to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in spinach leaves and shallots and cook 1 minute. Serve chicken with spinach and sauce. Season if desired, with salt and pepper.