Cornichon and Sweet Onion Relish
This tangy relish is great served as a topping for bruschetta or hot dogs, or can be mixed into potato, tuna or chickens salads, or used as a sandwich spread.
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup finely chopped Maille Cornichons
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped Calabrian peppers
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1¼ tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 1½ to 2 minutes.
- Add the Maille Cornichons and continue to cook, stirring often, for another minute. Then add the garlic and sugar, and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the peppers, lemon juice, and tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.