Dijon Pesto Sauce with Pasta
Recipe by: Runway Chef
Servings: 2 cups (or enough for ½- ¾ pound of pasta)
- 5 tsps Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¾ tsps salt
- 4 ounces (or 3 cups, packed) basil leaves, stems removed
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound of your choice of pasta, cooked al dente (be sure to reserve ½ cup of the cooking water)
- In a food processor, combine the Maille Old Style Mustard, walnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, basil and olive oil.
- Pulse for a few seconds, scrape down the sides, then blend for 60-90 seconds, or until the ingredients are well-blended with a slight texture.
- To serve, toss with cooked pasta and ¼ cup reserved cooking water, adding additional water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with your choice of fresh grated parmesan cheese, fresh basil, chopped walnuts or cherry tomatoes.
Note: The pesto can be made 5-7 days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.