Everything Pretzels with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Recipe created by Madeline Hall
Makes 8 pretzels
- 2 tbl Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2tsp salt
- 1 active dry yeast packet
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg beaten (for egg wash)
- Everything bagel seasoning (or just coarse salt!)
- To make the honey mustard dipping sauce: Whisk together dijon mustard, mayonnaise, honey, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the pretzels: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough attachment, combine warm water, brown sugar, and salt. Sprinkle yeast on top, and let sit for 5 - 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Turn mixer on to low speed and add in the flour and melted butter. Stir on low until combined, and then increase speed to medium/medium-high for 4 - 5 minutes until dough pulls together into a ball and is smooth.
- Dump dough out and shape into a ball. Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough inside. Cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and sit on counter for 50 min - 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Dump dough out onto a clean surface. Divide into 8 equal portions. Using your hands, roll a portion of the dough into a 20 inch rope. Form a “U”-shape with the dough rope. Bring the ends towards the middle and twist. Lightly press ends into the bottom, to form a pretzel. Set pretzel on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Sprinkle in the baking soda.
- Drop the pretzels into the boiling water, two at a time, for 30 seconds, making sure to dunk pretzels in the water a couple of times. Set aside on the second baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Brush the egg wash on top of each pretzel. Sprinkle generously with everything bagel seasoning (or course salt if not using). Bake in the preheated oven for 12 - 14 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce!
Note: These taste best the day of. You can also reheat them slightly by popping them in the microwave for 15 seconds.