Farro, Beets and Goat Cheese with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
Recipe created by: mythreeseasons.com
- 1 ½ cups farro
- 6 medium red beets (or 12 baby beets), greens removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt, as needed
For the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- Salt, as needed
For the toppings:
- ½ cup mixed greens (such as baby arugula, baby chard & watercress)
- 2oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wrap beets individually in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake about 40-50 minutes, or until tender. Baby beets will cook in approximately 25-30 minutes. If beets are cooked through, knife will easily slide in and out when inserted.
- Allow beets to cool slightly. Peel off skin and cut into halves or wedges.
- While beets cook, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add farro and cook according to package directions or until tender with a slight bite. Drain.
- While farro cooks, warm a small pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil, followed by the chopped shallot. Season with salt. Cook about 4-5 minutes or until tender and translucent. Stir in cooked farro and season with salt. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and Maille Dijon Originale Mustard. Slowly incorporate olive oil while constantly whisking. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss beets in half of the vinaigrette. Reserve remaining half for topping. Allow beets to cool to room temperature while marinating in dressing.
- Place farro into serving bowls. Top with marinated beets, mixed greens, goat cheese and walnuts. Top with additional dressing, as desired.