Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Skewers
Recipe by: Runway Chef
Yields: 12 -14 Skewers
For the chicken
- 3 tbsp Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsps salt
- 1 tsps pepper
- 2 ½ pounds chicken breasts, cubed
For the zucchini
- 5 small zucchini, sliced into 1” thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper add to taste
- 1 tsps Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
To garnish: fresh herbs, grilled lemon slices, chopped cherry tomatoes, goat or feta cheese crumbles
- In a large glass bowl, or resealable plastic bag, combine the Maille Honey Dijon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add in the cubed chicken breast and toss to coat the meat with the mustard mixture, or seal the bag and shake to coat.
- Place the bowl, covered with plastic wrap or a lid, or the sealed bag in the refrigerator for at least 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- Drain the chicken, then assemble the skewers, alternating between zucchini slices and chicken pieces.
- Brush the zucchini with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the skewers over medium-hot heat for 12-15 minutes (or until the meat is no longer pink and the zucchini is tender), turning them every few minutes.
- Be sure to also generously baste the skewers with Maille Honey Dijon while they’re cooking.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes (optional) and extra Maille Honey Dijon for dipping.
Note: If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to pre-soak them in warm water for at least 30 minutes before using them.