Honey Dijon Hummus Platter
Recipe created by: playfulcooking.com
For the honey dijon hummus:
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz/ 425 g)
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons Maille Honey Dijon mustard
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
For the toasted zaatar pita chips:
- 2 big pita breads
- 2 tablespoons zaatar
- oil to brush on the breads
- Drain the beans from the can and give it a good wash. Then, soak them in warm water. Little by little, take the beans in your hand and rub them with a towel so the skin peels off of the beans. This process will take some time, but will make your hummus creamy.
- Add the garlic and tahini in the blender and blend until it looks smooth. Keep scraping from the side as you blend.
- Pour olive oil and blend it again to form a smooth consistency.
- Drop the peeled garbanzo beans and lemon juice. Blend for 1 minute, scraping from the sides when needed.
- Then, drop the ice cubes, salt and lemon juice and blend for 4 minutes, again scraping from the sides when needed.
- The texture should be smooth by now. Finally, add the Maille Honey Dijon mustard and blend again to mix everything.
- Pour the hummus in a serving bowl and swirl it with the back of the spoon to create a charming swirl effect. Pour some olive oil on top, sprinkle some paprika, a little bit more of the Maille Honey Dijon mustard and roasted pine nuts (if using).
- For the toasted zaatar pita chips, preheat the oven to 350 F. Brush some oil on the pita bread and sprinkle the zaatar spice on top. Place it in a cookie sheet and bake it for 7 to 10 minutes on the middle rack of the oven. Once done, let it cool down a bit. Then, slice it and serve with the hummus.