Honey Dijon Popovers
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 Tbsp Maille Honey Dijon Mustard 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly, divided
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and brush 1 Tbsp melted butter on the bottom and sides of the popover cups (using a six-cup popover pan or large muffin pan).
- Using a whisk or an immersion blender, blend the eggs, milk, mustard and salt until well mixed and frothy.
- Add the flour and continue to mix, then add 3 Tbsp slightly cooled, melted butter and blend well. Be sure there aren't any lumps and the consistency of the batter is like smooth, heavy cream.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared popover cups and bake for 20 mins.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 15 additional mins. Immediately remove the popovers from the pan and pierce the sides with the tip of a paring knife to release the steam.
- Serve warm with honey mustard butter if desired.
Special Equipment: 6-cup Popover Pan (a muffin pan can be substituted)
Honey Mustard Butter:
whip together 4 oz (1 stick) softened, salted butter with 1 Tbsp honey and 2 tsp Maille Honey Dijon Mustard.