Horseradish Mustard and Beer Braised Brisket
Recipe by: Jen May
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 ¾ -lb. boneless beef brisket
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Knorr® Selects Beef Bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) dark-style beer
- 1 jar Malle® Horseradish Mustard, divided
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds, (optional)
- 2 lbs. Medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb. carrots, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°. Heat oil in large roasting pan set over two burners over medium-high heat and cook brisket and onions, turning brisket once and stirring onions occasionally, until brisket and onions are browned, about 6 minutes. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Whisk Bouillon, water, beer, ½ cup Malle® Horseradish Mustard and caraway seeds in medium bowl. Add to pan and cook over medium-high heat scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Remove from heat.
- Return brisket to pan; cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake 2 hours. Remove foil, turn brisket and add potatoes and carrots to pan. Cover and continue to bake 2 hours.
- Remove foil and evenly spread remaining Malle® Horseradish Mustard over business. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Slice brisket against the grain and serve with vegetables and gravy. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.