Korean Fried "Corn" Dogs
Recipe by: Annette Chew
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 cup bread or all-purpose flour (120 g)
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour (60 g)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 cup milk or water (120 g)
- 1 egg
- 4 hot dogs
- 8 oz mozzarella block (cut into 1 inch thick sticks)
- 1 cup Panko crumbs (80 g)
- Maille Dijon Originale
- 1 tbsp sugar (12 g) (OPTIONAL)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread flour, glutinous rice flour, sugar, salt, yeast, milk, and egg. Mix thoroughly until the dough is smooth (about 5 minutes). Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare the fillings. Using disposable wooden chopsticks, skewer mozzarella sticks and hot dogs (you can do half and half if you wish).
- Once dough has risen, wrap around the fillings and roll in panko crumbs
- Fry for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- If desired, roll corn dogs in sugar for extra crunch and sweetness. Drizzle with ketchup and Maille Dijon Originale.