Leek and Mushroom Frittata
Recipe created by: Pretty in Pistachio
Serves: One 9" round frittata, 8 slices
- 1 large leek
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbps Maille Traditional Dijon Orignale Mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup diced pancetta
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4-5 small cherry tomatoes
- Handful fresh arugula
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thinly slice the leek, set aside. Slice mushrooms, set aside. Thinly slice the tomatoes into small rounds, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, Maille Dijon Originale Mustard, and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place a 9”, oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the diced pancetta and cook stirring occasionally until nice and crispy. Approx 4-5 mins.
- Remove the pancetta and set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel. If there is a lot of grease in the pan, drain so that you only have about 1 tbs remaining in the pan.
- Add garlic and sautee for 1 minute until fragrant. Add in mushroom and leeks and saute until leeks begin to soften.
- Add pancetta back in and flatten the mixture with a spatula. Turn the heat to low. Sprinkle ½ cup of the crumbled goat cheese on top.
- Pour the whisked eggs evenly over the vegetable mixture. Tilt the pan slightly if needed to ensure the eggs cover the pan from edge to edge. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the remaining goat cheese on top. Sporadically lay the tomato slices flat on top of the egg mixture.
- Cook on low until the edges of the eggs begin to set. Once they start to set, transfer to the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked through.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh arugula and goat cheese.