Mac and Cheese Bread Bites
Recipe by: Playful Cooking
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 10 bites
- 1 Cup Cooked leftover Mac and Cheese
- 5 Sandwich Bread Slices
- 1/4 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- As needed Maille Dijon Originale
- As needed Oil for Frying
- 2 Tbsp A.P. Flour
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Water
- Trim the sides off the bread slices and then using a rolling pin, gently roll it to thin it out a little.
- Then slice the rolled bread in half.
- Make a slurry by mixing the flour with water. This will be used as a glue to seal the edges.
- Rub a little bit of that flour and water paste on the edges of the bread slice. Place a little bit of the cheese and a little bit of the mac and cheese. Then gently fold it and seal the edges.
- Fill the rest of the bread slices the same way.
- For baking the bread bites, preheat the oven to 400 F
- Layer the bread bites on the cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes./li>
- For frying, just heat enough oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry the bread bites in medium high heat until golden brown.
- Enjoy the bread bites warm with Maille Dijon Originale.