Maille Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
Recipe by: Runway Chef
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 9-12 minutes
Servings: 8 hot dogs
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup of Maille cornichons and onions 5-7 times, or just until it’s chopped enough to resemble relish. Transfer to an airtight container and keep chilled until ready to serve. This can be made 24 hours in advance.
- Slice the rolls in half, cutting them lengthwise and being sure to cut only ¾ of the way through. Warm the rolls for 4-6 minutes in a 350 degree oven (if desired).
- Use your preferred method (grilling, pan frying, boiling) to cook hot dogs for 5-6 minutes.
- Once the hot dogs are cooked, transfer them to the rolls. Top with Maille Old Style Mustard and the cornichon relish. Garnish with onion, tomato slices, peppers and Maille cornichons.
- Notes: If you can’t find poppy seed rolls, an alternative is to simply sprinkle a few poppy seeds on top of the finished hot dogs in addition to the other garnishes.