Maille Cornichon Hummus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups Chick peas
- 1 cup Maille Cornichons with Caramelized Onions or Maille Cornichons with Cayenne Chili Peppers for a spicier hummus
- Fresh basil, small handful of leaves (or dill)
- Garlic Salt to taste (or add 1 or 2 cloves and put regular salt)
- Fresh black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Gherkins juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
Cut the bagels in thin slices. Brush with olive oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper and bake at 350® for 20 minutes or until grilled.
In a food processor, add the chick peas, gherkins, basil, garlic salt and the pepper as well as the gherkins juice. Blend the mixture. Check the consistency of the hummus and add 1 or 2 tablespoon(s) of olive oil. If the mixture needs more liquid, add more gherkins juice.
Serve with some chopped basil over top, the bagel crostinis and extra gherkins for topping