Mustard Coated Crispy Potato Balls
Recipe created by Hungry Couple NYC
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Canola oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain and mash together with the butter and milk. Allow to cool completely or refrigerate overnight before making the crispy balls.
- Stir the cheddar cheese, flour and parsley into the cool mashed potatoes and add salt if needed.
- Add the Maille Dijon Originale Mustard to one shallow bowl and breadcrumbs to another. Using a 1 oz. scoop, roll balls of the potato mixture, coat with the mustard (note that it is easier to do this with a brush) and then with the breadcrumbs.
- Bring about 3" of oil to a temperature of 350 degrees and fry the potato balls, working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, rotate and fry for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.