One Pan Roasted Turkey
Recipe created by Runway Chef
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 45-60 minutes
- 5 cups cranberries (frozen)
- 6 tablespoons Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ¼-2 ½ pound turkey breast, bone in
- 1 small acorn squash, sliced into wedges
- Fresh sage
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 10-12” cast iron skillet, stir together the cranberries, 4 tablespoons of the Maille Old Style Mustard, bourbon, maple syrup and water, until combined.
- Place the turkey on top of the cranberry mixture, then arrange the squash slices around the meat. Drizzle everything generously with olive oil. Then coat the turkey with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Maille Old Style Mustard and gently rub it into the turkey skin so that it combines with the olive oil to form a bit of a crust while baking. Sprinkle the squash with some fresh sage, then finish off both the vegetable and the meat with fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, and the liquid has mostly evaporated from the cranberry sauce.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the meat to set for a few minutes before slicing and serving, alongside the squash, topped with cranberry sauce.