Peanut Crusted Gambas
- - 11oz. raw gambas
- - 1/3 raw unsalted peanuts (shelled weight)
- - 1 egg
- - 1 soup plate with flour
- - 3/8 cup coconut milk
- - 1/3 tablespoons Lemon, Garlic and White Wine Mustard
- - Salt, pepper
- Peel and remove the head of the gambas, keeping the tail.
- Grind the peanuts into a coarse powder in a small food processor.
- Break the egg into a bowl, add salt and pepper, and beat with a fork.
- Coat the gambas with flour and remove any excess.
- Cover with egg, then coat with the peanuts.
- Heat a frying pan with a bit of oil, and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Meanwhile, mix the coconut milk and Lemon, Garlic and White Wine Mustard together.
- Serve the warm gambas with the cold sauce on the side.
Prawns cook quickly. Allow a cooking time of 5 minutes. Cook them at the last moment for a crispy crust at serving time.