Posh Scrambled Eggs
Toasted brioche slathered with Maille honey Dijon mustard, draped with buttery spears of aspargus and topped with creamy scrambled eggs - if there's a posher way to start the day it has yet to be invented.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. thick cream
- 2 thick slices brioche or other thick bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp Maille Honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Arrange asparagus in medium skillet and cover with water; add salt, if desired. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer just until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and drizzle with melted butter; set aside.
- Beat eggs, water and salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet and cook egg mixture over low heat, stirring frequently, until eggs are set. Stir in heavy cream.
Spread brioche with Maille Honey Dijon mustard, then top with asparagus and scrambled eggs. Garnish with parsley.