Quiche Lorraine with Hash Brown Crust
Recipe created by: Kims Cravings
Servings: 6 slices
- 1 pound shredded frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, melted butter, or ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped (about 6 slices)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk*
- 2 tablespoons Maille Traditional Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss, or gruyere)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional for garnish)
- Mix hash browns, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl
- Grease a 10″ oven-safe skillet and add the hash brown mixture, pressing down to pack it tightly on the bottom and sides forming a pie-like crust.
- Bake at 425ºF or until the edges have browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In the same pan, cook onion and garlic into the pan until the onion is translucent and soft. Remove from the stove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place egg yolks, eggs, milk, Maille Traditional Dijon Originale Mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.