Roasted Carrot and Farro Salad with Mustard Maple Vinaigrette
Recipe created by Madeline Hall
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup farro
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced across into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots (rainbow or orange), shaved, sliced in half lengthwise, and then sliced into 4 inch pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for roasting vegetables
- 2 tbl maple syrup
- 2 tbl apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Maille Dijon Originale
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the farro, and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until farro is soft and chewy. Drain excess water and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. On a large baking sheet, toss the fennel with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, and plenty of salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet with fennel from the oven, and add the carrots. Toss with the fennel and olive oil, adding a little more oil if needed. Season with more salt and pepper. Return sheet pan to oven and roast for an additional 22-25 minutes or until vegetables are caramelized and tender, tossing halfway through.
- While vegetables are roasting, make the vinaigrette. In a mason jar with lid or in a small bowl, shake/whisk together the ¼ cup olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, Maille Dijon Originale mustard, and salt and pepper until combined.
- In the large bowl with the farro, add half of the dressing, the roasted vegetables, fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds, and almonds. Toss to combine, adding more vinaigrette as necessary. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if necessary