Roasted Red Pepper, Olive + White Bean Shakshuka
Recipe Created by: Runway Chef
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5-ounce can of white kidney beans
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ¾ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 eggs
- Grilled bread, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch oven safe skillet (such as a cast iron pan) set over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Mix in the Maille Old Style Mustard along with the tomatoes, beans, red peppers, olives and ½ cup of the parsley, and simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then crack the eggs into the sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of parsley and serve immediately with grilled bread, if desired.