Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with Maille Old Style Mustard Sauce
Recipe created by Coley Cooks
Serves: 6-8 as an appetizer
For The Shrimp:
- 1 lb shrimp, 16/20 count or larger, peeled and deveined
- 1 small lemon, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For The Maille Old Style Mustard Sauce:
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 heaping tablespoons Maille Old Style Mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1 small)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley, plus a sprig for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the shrimp and lemon slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a sheet pan and spread out into an even single layer. Roast for about 8 minutes, or until the shrimp have just turned pink and opaque.
- While the shrimp cook, make the mustard sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Maille Old Style Mustard, shallots, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance, cover and refrigerate prior to serving.
- Place shrimp and lemon slices on a serving platter along with the Maille Old Style Mustard Sauce on the side. Garnish with a parsley sprig, and serve.
- This recipe can be served warm, at room temperature or cold