Roasted Vegetable Galette
Recipe created by nattwrobel.com
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 tsp salt
For the filling:
- Bunch of rainbow carrots, cut lengthwise
- 1 small beet, diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 small apple, sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 tsp Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (One chopped, the other on top)
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil, salt and 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of water if the dough is too dry.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for around 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up an oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together avocado oil, Maille Dijon Originale Mustard, maple syrup and fresh thyme leaves.
- Place all the cut up vegetables in a large bowl. Pour the dressing all over the vegetables and toss well to coat all the veggies. Transfer the vegetables onto the baking sheet and spread evenly. Sprinkle a little salt on top of all the veggies. Bake on top rack for 40-45 minutes. Once done turn down the oven to 375F.
- Meanwhile vegetables are roasting, roll out your dough into a 13-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Then transfer the dough to a baking sheet. Layer all the roasted veggies in the center of the dough, leaving a 1 1/2 to 2-inch border all around. Gently fold over the pastry border. Bake the galette until the crust is fully cooked and golden brown, about 35-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing.