Sausage Bites in White Wine with Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
Recipe by Platings and Pairings
Serves; 8 people
- 2 19- ounce packages Italian sausages mild or hot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ bottle dry white wine
Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Maille Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place sausage pieces in a large, deep skillet and add wine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until fully cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy mustard dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate, until ready to serve.
- Once the sausages are cooked, remove them with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil (on HIGH) for 6-8 minutes, until the sausages are browned, tossing halfway through.
- Serve with toothpicks and creamy mustard dipping sauce.