Skillet Chicken with Creamy White Wine, Mushroom and Spinach Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 boneless + skinless chicken thighs, lightly pounded
- 4 medium-sized cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (about 3 sprigs)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ white wine (something on the drier side, like a chardonnay or pinot grigio, works well)
- 2 tablespoons Maille Old Style Dijon mustard
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on a medium-high heat burner. Add the olive oil and allow it to heat for a few minutes. Next, add in the chicken thighs, allowing them to brown for 2-3 minutes on one side, before flipping them over and browning for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove to a separate dish.
- Turn the heat down to medium, then add the garlic to the skillet. Saute for 60 seconds before stirring in the mushrooms and sea salt. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have cooked down, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the ground pepper, fresh thyme and flour and stir a few times before gradually adding in the chicken broth, wine, Maille Old Style Dijon mustard and cream. Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2-3 minutes, then stir in the spinach, mixing until it wilts down, about 60 seconds. Lastly, place the chicken thighs back into the skillet, cover the pan and turn the heat to medium-low. Continue simmering the mixture for 10-12 minutes, or just until the thighs are cooked through.
- Serve immediately. Best enjoyed with a side of crusty bread to soak up all the extra sauce!