Smoked Salmon & Caviar Crostini
Recipes created by Pantry No. 7
For the filling:
- 1 loaf nut & seed bread, thinly sliced and toasted
- 1 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup black caviar or roe (optional)
- 2 tsp Maille Old Style mustard
- 1 tsp Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 a lemon
- Fresh dill to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine Maille Old Style mustard, Maille Dijon Originale mustard, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Season with black pepper to taste, and mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Assemble each crostini with a layer of mustard mixture, a slice of smoked salmon, a small spoonful of caviar, and a dab of whole grain mustard.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over crostini, and garnish with a sprig of dill.