Spring Veggie Tart
Recipe created by Hungry Couple NYC
Servings - 8
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tsp Maille Traditional Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1/4 Cup ice water
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp Maille Traditional Dijon Originale Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Cup shredded fontina cheese
- 6 Stalks asparagus
- 1 Cup peas
- 1 Large yellow squash
- Add the flour, salt and butter to a food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the mustard and olive oil and pulse a couple more times. Pour in the ice water and pulse until the mixture forms a dough ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the dough to an 10" round and place into an 8" cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the shredded cheese and the peas.
- Thinly slice the asparagus and squash. Alternatively, you can use a vegetable peeler to slice thin strips. Add to the egg mixture and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the mixture is set.