Sweet Roasted Chicken With Red Wine Sauce
- 1 medium whole chicken
- 1 stem of sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
- 2 glasses of red wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Lay out 2 big intertwining pieces of baking paper and add the chicken on top.
- Crush the garlic cloves and smear with the Maille Honey Dijon Mustard all over the chicken and add the sage stem on top.
- Wrap the baking paper around the chicken with twine, leaving a small gap in the top and place in a shallow baking tray, pour one glass of the red wine through the gap.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F and roast for 20 mins, after the 20 mins open the baking paper and allow to roast for another 10 mins or until golden on top and cooked throughout (cooking times will vary depending on size and weight of the piece of chicken).
- In a small pot add 3/4 of the red wine, add the butter, salt and pepper to your liking and bring to a simmer. Pour in remaining wine and add the cornflour. Stir well and add to the sauce, cook until thickened and serve over the sliced roasted chicken.