Tzatziki Relish with Maille Dijon Original Mustard
Rejuvenate left-over cucumber with this easy pickling method.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of Maille white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Maille Dijon original mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Grate the cucumber into a strainer, cup the grated cucumber in your palms and squeeze to release excess liquids, sprinkle with the sea and let sit for 5 mins
- Squeeze out again the excess liquid, place into a sterilized glass jar, mix the Maille white balsamic vinegar with the Maille Dijon original mustard and add to the jar, add the garlic and dill. Seal and place in fridge for 2 weeks
- After the 2 weeks, drain a tbsp. of the mixture and add to 100ml of strained Greek yoghurt for a fresh tzatziki dip.
Tip: Keep the cucumber juice and use in a salad dressing
Serving suggestion: Serve pickled cucumber tzatziki with warm sourdough bread
—Fine Cooking for Maille