Veggie Pot Pie
Recipe created by: Pantry No. 7
Makes: 8 individual mini pot pies
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cups of diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 3 cups of mixed mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup of cooked barley
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Small handful of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Maille Old Style mustard
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- A sprinkle of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 package of puff pastry dough, thawed if frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add leeks and carrots, and saute until leeks are translucent. Add potatoes, peas, mushrooms, and cooked barley. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms have let off water.
- Add stock and milk. Using a small strainer, sprinkle 1-2 tsp of flour over mixture and stir. The strainer will help the flour not clump. Bring to a simmer and let thicken - about 5 to 10 minutes. Depending on your preference for a thicker or thinner gravy in the pie, add more flour to thicken, or add more stock for a thinner gravy.
- Whisk egg and season with a pinch of salt, and set aside.
- Unfold pastry dough on clean surface. Use ramekin to cut out circles so that pastry dough fits on top like little lids. Divide mixture into 8 ramekins, and top with pastry lids. Brush with egg wash. Place ramekins on baking tray, and bake for 20 minutes.