Warming Winter Mustard Toastie
- 2 thick slices farmhouse style brown bread
- 1 egg
- 1/2 an avocado
- 50 grams or 1/2 a cup chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 50 grams sliced Emmental cheese
- 1 small red onion
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Maille Wholegrain Mustard or Maille Classic Dijon Old Style Mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
Slice the red onion and add to a bowl with the red wine vinegar and set
aside until you are ready to assemble your toastie. This will make them crisp and they will turn a delicious deep pink colour adding acidity to your sandwich.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to a hot pan with half a tablespoon of the butter and brown them (tip! do not over crowed the mushrooms as they wont brown), set on a plate until ready to assemble.
- Carefully cut a round circular shape out of the centre of one of the bread slices.
- In an oven proof shallow pan or a heat plate, melt half a tablespoon of the butter on medium heat and add the bread slice with the hole in it, break the egg in the whole and cook for 1 minute, remove from the heat and settle on a plate.
- Place the whole slice bread in the pan, smear the top with the Maille Wholegrain Mustard, slice the avocado and tomato on top of that, add the cheese, mushrooms and drained onions. Top with the egged slice bread and place in a preheated oven for 5 minutes.