Skip to content
Can We Tempt You With 10% Off Your Order?
To thank you for visiting us we are offering a discount when you complete your order today.
Your one-time 10% off coupon code is:
// adding new tags 11/06/2018
Young Leek terrine with roast prawns
For the Leek terrine
- 12 pieces of pencil sized or thin leek
- 10 ½ cup chicken bouillon
- 2 gelatin sheets
- 12 peeled prawns
- 8 tsp Maille Balsamic vinegar
- Natural sea salt
- Ground pepper
For the Vinaigrette
The day before:
- Wash the leeks in warm water to remove the dirt.
- Put the leeks into salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and put into iced water to cool and then leave to dry on a cloth. Press to remove all the water.
- Heat the chicken bouillon and mix in the softened gelatin and Maille Balsamic vinegar
- Place the leeks lengthwise in a small terrine, adding a spoonful of bouillon between each layer.
- Carefully cover the leek terrine with Saran wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day
- Make the vinaigrette: Mix the mustard, salt and ground pepper with the Maille Balsamic vinegar. Add the Maille Truffle Olive Oil using a whisk and put aside.
- Remove the leek terrine from the dish. Cut into 6 good slices with a very sharp knife and arrange on a plate.
- Fry the prawns in a non-stick frying pan with a dash of Maille Truffle Olive Oil season with salt and pepper and arrange around the slices of leek terrine.
- Moisten the slices of leek terrine thoroughly with vinaigrette and serve the rest on the side.