A Great Australian Burger
For the cornichon salad:
- 4 oz. drained Maille cornichon classic
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsps. Lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Maille Dijon original mustard
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander
To add the Aussie touch, choose from
- 4 slices of pineapple
- 2 large cooked and sliced beetroots
- 2 oz. grilled red capsicums
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Maille Dijon honey mustard
- 6 brioche burger buns
- 6 patties Beef, Vegetarian
- Add the cornichons, limes, avocado, coriander and Maille Dijon mustard to a mini food processor and pulse to chop to a chunky paste.
- Cook the patties on a medium BBQ or on a hot grill plate or in a heavy base pan and cook on each side for 3 mins. (If you are making Vegetarian patties cook in a hot non stick pan until golden on both sides, or cook in the oven on 350° F).
- If you are adding cheese add this on the top of the patty after you flip it.
- In the meantime, slice the buns lengthwise, separate the cornichon salad between the burgers or as much as you desire and use the leftover as a side with chips.
- Smear the top bun with Maille Dijon honey mustard,
- Once the patties are cooked place on the cornichon salad, add your preferred ingredients, top with the top bun and serve